Insulate Your Garage Door
Insulating your garage door may not seem like an important task. It might seem like a waste of time to some. It would be wrong to consider it unnecessary as it can provide you with many benefits.
Insulating your garage door has many benefits. Insulating your garage door will increase its energy efficiency and reduce your monthly energy costs. Learn more about your Garage Door Repair Pro today.
It will also strengthen your garage door. Insulated garage doors will be stronger and last longer than before. It will be stronger and more durable, regardless of whether it is damaged by extreme weather or other factors. It is therefore important to learn how to insulate your garage doors.
How to Insulate Your Garage Door
These materials are necessary to properly insulate your garage door.
- Tape measure
- Box cutter or utility knife
- Safety goggles
- Pen, pencil, or markers
- Work gloves
- Composite fasteners
- Garage door seal – optional
Here are some steps to insulate your garage door
These are the steps to follow to insulate your garage door correctly.
- Measure. Measurements are necessary to locate the 12-inch areas on each side. These areas should be marked and centered.
- You can cover the marks you have made. Double-sided tape can be used to cover the markings.
- The retainer clips can be attached to the areas you have taped.
- Next, measure the panels. You should be able to measure every panel individually. They may appear to be the same size but they are not.
- The insulation should be cut. You must cut each panel’s insulation. Each piece should be approximately 1 to 2 inches larger than the panels. Because insulation materials can be irritating to the skin, you should make sure you are wearing gloves and goggles.
- You will now need to insert the insulation into each panel. You should make sure the shiny side faces forward. Coverings should always be visible from the front.
- Secure the clips. Now, the retention clips are under the insulation. Make small incisions on the front to locate them.
- Install a garage door seal. This is the final step to properly insulating your garage door. These are used to prevent water from leaking beneath the garage door, strengthen the insulation and keep pests away. To ensure they are securely attached to the ground, use adhesive or caulk.