Reduce Garage Door Service Calls
Your garage is the most important feature of your home. It is important that your garage lasts a long time and works properly. Your garage gives your home a finished look. It protects your cars from the elements, provides additional security, and hides the things you keep for future dates.
It must be maintained and serviced, just like any other feature in your home. Otherwise, the day will come when you have to press the remote and your garage door won’t raise or lower as required. A simple garage door repair may not suffice at that point. You can reduce the cost of garage door repairs by taking on basic maintenance tasks. After reading this you may visit your nearest Garage Door Repair in Lewisville TX
Garage Door Maintenance – Keep Service Calls to a Minimum
- When you raise or lower your garage door, pay attention to both what you see and what you don’t. Check the garage door’s movement to see if it is smooth or if it is scraping and make sure that cables, pulleys, and springs are in alignment.
- An average garage door is lifted and lowered over 1,000 times per year. Every time the door moves, nuts, bolts, and other hardware vibrate to some extent. These pieces may become loose over time. Take the time to inspect these parts and tighten the bolts and roller brackets with a socket wrench.
- You should replace the weather stripping at the bottom of your garage doors. This is because it is exposed to the elements and can become cracked, brittle, or damaged. This is a great way to extend the life of your garage doors.
- You should not attempt to replace or repair the cables. However, you can inspect them to ensure that they are still strong and free from fraying. Call a garage door company if you see the cables getting worn.
- To ensure that the tracks of your garage door are free from debris, you can place a level on them occasionally to check if they are in balance. This will make the door roll more smoothly.
- Lubricate all moving parts. Spray lubricant for overhead springs and the chain of the opener with white lithium grease.
Every element in your home needs to be maintained at some point. Garage doors are no exception. You can make your garage door service appointment more enjoyable if you take the time to complete these tasks. You might be able to schedule your appointments farther apart than you think. To get the best garage door lifespan, talk to your local garage door company. It’s time well-spent and money saved.